Treasure Isle is a Facebook game created by Zynga. This Treasure Isle strategy guide includes such topics as how to play Treasure Isle, how to win lots of money, and helpful Treasure Isle tips to help you perform well in the game. We will be updating our Treasure Isle guide as new game features are released from Zynga. If you have any game tips or you’d like to share your strategy with us, please post them in the comments section and we’ll include them in our next update of the guide.
Treasure Isle Beginners
Getting familiar with your menu – Let’s begin with the Treasure Isle menu. Understanding your menu will help you get the most out of this game.
- Zoom In – This tool is what you will use to zoom in closer.
- Zoom Out – This tool will zoom you out of your island.
- Full Screen – This tool will carry you into full screen where you can get a larger view of your island.
- Arrow – This tool is used for many things like harvesting crops, planting crops, and collecting items.
- Shovel – This is the tool you will use for digging treasures.
- Treasure Chest – When you collect treasures from islands, this is where they will be stored. You will see what treasures you need to find and what treasures you have. You will also see the reward for these treasures you will get once a set is completed.
- Map – This is the tool you will use to visit islands and go digging for treasures.
- Store – This is what you will use to buy items for your island.
- Backpack – This is where your gifts, crops, and gems are stored.
Harvesting crops – When you first begin with Treasure Isle, you will have crops that are ready to be harvested. Harvested crops will be stored in your backpack. The crops will give you energy. How much energy you will get depends on the which crop it is. I will explain more about energy further on in this guide. To harvest your crops, click your arrow tool in the main menu and click the crops that are ready. The crops will then be stored in your backpack and you can plant more.
Planting crops – To plant crops, you will first need to select your arrow tool. Next, click a plot you want to plow and click Plant Fruits. A box will open and you will see the crops you can buy. Click a crop to purchase it. When the box closes, the crop will be planted in the plot you clicked.
Inviting friends – Friends are a huge benefit in this game. Friends help you by sending treasures, energy, gems, and gifts for your own island. You can also visit them daily to collect coins, earn points, and collect gems. So, if you have friends who do not play, you may want to send them in invitation. To do this, click the Invite Friends tab at the top of your screen and when the page reloads, select the friends for whom you want to send the invitation. If they accept you invitation, you’ll see them appear under the My Neighbors tab.
Adding neighbors – Just because you have friends that play the game does not mean they are your Treasure Isle neighbors. You must send them a request to become your neighbor in the game before this can occur. To do this, you will need to click on the My Neighbors tab at the top of the screen. On that page you’ll then need to click the Add as Neighbor button beside the friends you want to send the invite to. If they accept, you will then see them in your neighbors panel.
Removing neighbors – If you have friends in your list that you don’t want anymore, you can easily remove them. All you have to do is click the Add Neighbors tab at the top of your screen and when the page reloads, click on the remove button next to their name.
Friend pop up messages – As you play Treasure Isle, you’ll often see pop up messages asking you to help your friends. A lot of times, these messages will pop up when you are on your island home. Occasionally, you will see them while digging for treasures. If you accept the job, you will be redirected to their island where you can earn coins and experience points.
Moving and selling Treasure Isle items – You have the option of moving and selling all the items on your island. To do this, you will need to select your arrow tool. Then, click an item you want to move or sell. When the menu opens, you will see your moving and selling option. Select the option of your choice. To sell an item, you will see a box open and show you how much you will earn. Then you can continue with the sell or you can cancel out of it. To move an item, you will need to move your mouse to where you want the item and click your mouse to place it.
Treasure Isle rewards – Once you have collected all of the treasures required for a particular island, you will be rewarded. the reward you receive will depend on the island. Some of the rewards include large amounts of coins and large amounts of experience points. You can open your treasure chest at the bottom of your screen to see what each treasure set offers.
Treasure Isle energy – Energy is used for every plot you dig. For a plot of grass you’ll lose 5 energy points and if it’s a tree or flowers, you’ll lose 7 energy points. Once your energy points run out you’ll have to wait until it refills or seek other ways of obtaining energy. When you level up, your energy bar will be completely refilled.
Right side icons – When you are digging for treasure, you will see round icons on the right side of your screen. Below the icons are numbers. Those numbers represent how many treasures you need to find and how many you have already discovered. Clicking on an icon will tell you what you’ve already found and what you need to find to complete the set.
Treasure chest with question mark – On the left side of your screen you may occasionally see a treasure chest with a question mark appear. These are treasures that you have left behind. If you click on this icon a box will pop up where you can see the treasures and accept them.
How do I plow more fields? – When you install Treasure Isle, you will only have to plots you can plant crops in. At this time, you cannot add more plots. You are only allowed to have two. There is talk that the developers will be giving us the option of planting more plots. When this option becomes available, we will update you.
Going shopping in Treasure Isle – Treasure Isle allows you can go shopping for decorations, gems, trees, animals, tools, and more. To acess your storefront, click the store tool at the bottom of your game. When the store opens, you can click a category you want to view and start shopping. Simply click the Buy button to make your purchase. Then click your island to place your new item where you want it.
How To Play Treasure Isle
Earning points in Treasure Isle – Acquiring experience points (XP) is necessary to level up in the game. Climbing to higher levels will unlock new items, new islands, and recharge your energy level. Listed below are a few ways to earn XP points in Treasure Isle.
- Helping friends – Helping your friends will earn you 5 XP points. If you have a lot of friends, this will quickly add up.
- Digging for treasures – Every time you dig for treasures, you will get XP points. Some plots offer just one point while others offer more.
- Completing an island – When you complete an island, you will be rewarded with experience points. How many XP will depend on the island.
- Collecting a set of treasures – Once you have accumulated a set of treasures collected, you’ll earn more experience points.
- Buying items for your island home – When you purchase items for your island home, you’ll also be rewarded with points.
- Leveling up – The more you do, the faster you level up.
Earning coins in Treasure Isle – It seems really easy to earn coins in Treasure Isle, especially when you are digging for treasures. That’s because you are constantly digging up coins. Below you will find a list of way to earn coins in Treasure Isle.
- Visiting friends – Visiting and helping your friends daily will earn you 20 coins. That may not sound like much, but if you have a lot of friends, it quickly adds up.
- Digging for treasures – You will often be rewarded with coins while digging for treasures.
- Clicking on your daily treasure – Clicking on your treasure chest once a day will also earn you coins. This is the chest floating in your water.
- Clicking your friends’ daily treasure – Clicking the treasure chest in your friends’ water will also earn you coins. You can click each friends’ chest once per day.
- Selling unwanted items – If you have items on your island or in your backpack that you no longer want, you can sell them to earn extra coins.
- Selling gems – You can also sell your gems that you do not need. If you have a lot of gems that are the same kind, sell some of them and you will earn a little extra in coins.
- Taking surveys – Of course, you’ll always have the option of taking surveys or filling out offers to earn cash. You can find this option on the Add Coins and Cash page.
How to earn more energy – Below we’ve listed several ways to collect more energy in Treasure Isle.
- Leveling up – Upon leveling up you’re energy level will be completely refilled.
- Fruit – Fruit harvested from your garden or received as a gift can be used to earn more energy. From your island, click your backpack and select the Use button below all of the fruits you want to use. Below each fruit you’ll see how much energy you can earn.
- Buy energy – Buying energy from the store is another option.
- Wait for energy – One energy point is regained every five minutes.
- Request energy – You can also request an energy pack from your friends. On the left side of your screen click the highlight icon and send your request.
Collecting gems from your trees – Gems are used to unlock parts of islands you dig on. You can collect gems once a day from your own gem tree and you can collect them once a day from your friends’ trees. To collect the gems from your tree, select the arrow tool and click your tree. Your gems will then be placed in the basket.
Collecting from your treasure chest – In your water, you’ll notice that there’s a treasure chest. If you click on it every day you’ll earn Treasure Isle coins.
Buying cash and coins – If you need more cash or coins you can always purchase them. Simply click the Cash and Coin tab at the top of your game and choose your options for purchasing cash and coins.
Visiting friends – To visit your friends, you’ll need to click on their profile image located at the bottom of your screen. Upon doing so a window will appear and you’ll need to click the Visit Friend option.
Helping your friends – When you first get to your friends’ island, you will be asked to do something. You can click accept in the pop up window to accept the job and you’ll earn 20 coins and 5 XP points. Afterward, you can collect a gem from your friend if they have any in their basket. You can also collect coins from the treasure chest in the water by simply clicking on it.
Visiting Islands – You can visit islands to dig for treasures. To view your island map, you can do one of three things and I will show you all three ways.
- Using your map – You can use your map tool that is located in your menu. When you click the map tool, you will see a map of all the islands that you’ve completed.
- Using your boat – Click on the boat next to your island and select Travel from the menu that opens to access your map.
- Island button – Above your menu is a purple island button. When you click this button it will take you back to the island you were currently working on. If you haven’t been working on an island, it will take you to the first island.
Digging for treasures – To go digging, you will first need to select the island you want to visit. Next, you’ll be shown the hidden treasures you will need to find. Before you can start digging however, the land plot will need to turn green. When a treasure chest pops up, click the chest and the item will be added to your treasure chest. You can continue digging until you complete the island or run out of energy.
Treasure Isle items – As you continue to dig you’ll discover various items in the game. Below are some of the items you will find while digging.
- XP points – Some plots with reward you with a large amount of experience points. If you dig and don’t get anything of value, you will at least get 1 XP point.
- Coins – Some plots offer a large amount of coins, so racking up on the coins is easy. These coin plots also offer experience points.
- Fruit – Sometimes you’ll dig up fruit that you can use for energy. Most of the time you will find fruit under trees and flowers.
- Treasure Chest – This is the primary target you want to dig up. If you get close to a treasure, you’ll be notified of it. Once you have collected all of the treasures you can move onto the next island to continue your search.
Treasure Isle gems – Gems are required to unlock certain parts of an island. You can also sell gems that you don’t need. When you open your backpack, you are given the option of using them or selling them.
Sending treasures to your friends – As you dig for treasure you may find a treasure chest gift that you can send to your friend. When you click to open the chest, you will see a box open. In this box, you will see that you have found a treasure you can send to your friends. At the bottom of the box, there will be a list of friends you can send the gift to. If you don’t want to send it, click the Skip button on the box that pops up.
Helping animals on your island – Sometimes you’ll see a pop up about an animal needing a home. Helping the animal will give you the option to post this to your Facebook wall. Your friends can then click on that link and adopt the animal. If you do not want to post it, hit the Skip button.
Digging tools – Sometimes different tools are needed for digging treasures. If you indeed require a different digging tool, you will be notified and asked to buy that tool.
Leaving the island – After completing an island, you’ll find out what you’ve won and you’ll be presented with the opportunity to select another island. However, if you run out of energy and want to return home, you’ll need to select the boat at the dock and click Home Island in the top, right corner. Otherwise, just click on the Return Home button found in the menu.
Sending / receiving gifts – Sending and receiving gifts will help you and your friends save money. You can send your friends gifts to help them out and they are more likely to return the favor. To send gifts, click the Gift tab at the top of the screen and select the gift you want to send. Then just select the friends you want to send it to. To accept gifts, you’ll need to open click on the request page in Facebook and accept each one individually.
Using gifts – You have different options when it comes to using your gifts. For example, fruits can be used to regain energy and gems can be used to unlock islands or they may be sold.
Changing your character’s appearance – You can change the appearance of your character at any time just by clicking on it. This will load a page where you can easily modify their look.
Upgrading your island – To see the available upgrades, open your store and clicking the Upgrade tab. When it comes to upgrading, you currently only have two options; you can either purchase upgrades with coins or cash.
Treasure Isle Strategy
Gifting to your friends – Sending gifts to friends is a great way to encourage them to reciprocate the behavior. Giving energy to each other is one of the best gifts players can give.
Visit your friends daily – When you visit your friends daily you’ll earn gems, coins, and experience points. Thus its in your best interest to visit all of your friends, especially early in the game.
Check your crops – When your crops are ready, you will need to harvest them right away. They will spoil in this game and you will have to start all over if they do.
Limit your postings – The Treasure Isle game asks you to post to your Facebook profile quite a bit. While it’s tempting to brag about your accomplishments you shouldn’t do it too often as it increases the risk of being unfriended. To limit or disable this function see our Facebook Guide.
Wait to buy things – Don’t be so quick to buy Treasure Isle items from the store as most items must be purchased with cash. Currently, you can get a lot of these items through gifts sent by your friends or people posting stuff on their walls. This is particularly helpful early in the game with you don’t have much Treasure Isle money.
Keep an eye on your news feed – When someone posts something on their wall you should be there to take advantage of it. Click on the item they are giving away to grab it and help improve your island.
Dig it! – Go digging for treasures as much as you can. The more you dig, the more Treasure Isle coins, experience points, and treasures you’ll earn.
Never ignore gifts – Gifts, especially fruit and energy, is your best friend in this game. Make it a point to grab these every time they become available so you can stay energized to complete various tasks and achievements.
Harvest your gem tree – Make sure you harvest your gem tree daily so your friends can collect a gem from you.
Ask your friends for fruit – On the left side of your island home, you will see the fruit icon. Place your mouse over it and it will say “Ask friends to send you fruit”. Click that icon and you can post a request for friends to send you fruit that can be used to re-energize.
Reconsider filling out offers – Keep in mind that when you fill out game offers they may ask for your credit card or phone number. Sometimes these companies will charge your credit card or cell phone carrier if you don’t preemptively unsubscribe or discontinue the service.
Swap browsers – If you’re experiencing page loading problems while playing Treasure Isle, changing browsers may help to amend this issue. Google Chrome and Opera are two of the top choices for speedy web browsing.
Add messages to invites – Adding more Treasure Isle friends is paramount while playing this game. When you send out invitations, add a message to let the invitee know why you’re sending them an invitation. A few words like “Treasure Isle” or “Treasure Isle add” will convey your intentions and you’ll likely be more successful at obtaining the add.
Become a fan of Treasure Isle – There are several Treasure Isle fan pages and groups that can help you increase your Treasure Isle friends. Become a fan of these pages and post your profile link so other members can add you.
Forward your tips – We are going to be updating this Treasure Isle guide regularly to ensure it’s up-to-date and it contains helpful tips for Treasure Isle players. If you have any great Treasure Isle tips, send them to us and we’ll incorporate them into the guide.
Share this Treasure Isle guide <=== Share our Treasure Isle guide with your Twitter and Facebook friends. We would greatly appreciate it if you took the time to do this. More importantly, the guide will teach your friends how to play Treasure Isle and it encourages them to assist you in the game.
Want more games? – We all get bored doing the same thing over and over again. If you’re looking to take a break from this game, see our top ten list of the best Facebook games.If you liked this article, please take this time to share it with your Facebook friends using the Facebook button (see Facebook post button to the left) or retweet it using Twitter (see retweet button to the left). You may also want to follow us or subscribe to the site to stay up-to-date with this article. If you'd rather follow us from your Facebook account, join our Facebook fan page or subscribe to our NetworkedBlogs profile.
Please Tweet, Bookmark, or Share This Free Content Using These Services: