When you purchase a domain (e.g. yourwebsite.com) for your website from any of the domain registrars such as GoDaddy, you normally get a single free email account that includes limited storage space. Instead of upgrading to a paid email account, why not use a free solution like Google Apps? Google Apps is a software-as-a-service solution for business email as well as for sharing information between users and groups. In addition to using it for your business, many personal website owners and bloggers use Google Apps because of the following:
1. Gmail – It’s by far the best web based email solution available today and comes with the following features/services all for free:
- Excellent spam protection
- 7GB of storage space per user
- Best email search
- Email filters
- Gmail labs offers great customization features and new services
- Task lists
- Email labeling permits you to tag incoming emails with a specific label
- Built-in GTalk chat with audio and video
- Google Docs integration
- Online and offline email access
- Email forwarding and POP/IMAP access for other email clients
- Sync with your mobile phone (Android, iPhone, Windows Mobile, Blackberry)
2. Google Calendar – A great web based calendar that includes the following features:
- Sharing calendars with friends with auto updating
- Tasks lists
- Sync with Microsoft Outlook, Apple iCal, Mozilla Sunbird, mobile devices (G1, iPhone, Windows Mobile, Blackberry
- Online and offline access of your calendar
3. Google Documents – Permits you to access documents online and comes with these great features:
- Share documents online with friends publicly or in private
- Edit documents
- Add comments to documents
- Collaborate with others to edit/create documents
4. Google Contacts – A very nice and easy to use contact manager
- Sync with your mobile device
- Import/export contacts
- Contact groups
- Print your contacts
- Contact suggestions based on who you email most frequently
- Search contacts
5. It’s totally free! – It doesn’t cost you anything unless you exceed the allotted storage space of 7 GB.
6. Create up to 200 user accounts
7. Create and manage groups – Permits you to create an email distribution list for which you can email and share docs with with contacts.
8. Easily adjust domain settings – Allows you to create domain aliases, email aliases, and customize the look and feel of Google Apps services by changing colors and replacing the Google logo with your own website logo or brand.
9. Free support – The Google Apps For Admins Help Forum is a great resource for finding solutions to common problems and calling on other members to help you.
10. 3rd party vendor integration – The Google Solutions Marketplace permits to extend Google Apps to integrate with other popular services, resources, and tools.
Check out Google’s instructions for setting up Google Apps on your own domain or watch the step by step video tutorials below. If you run into problems, you can find help in the Google Apps forum. If you don’t have time to set it up yourself or you don’t know where to begin, we can install Google Apps for you for a mere $10. Just shoot us an email and we’ll have Google Apps up and running on your blog or website’s domain in no time.If you liked this article, please take this time to share it with your Facebook friends using the Facebook button (see Facebook post button to the left) or retweet it using Twitter (see retweet button to the left). You may also want to follow us or subscribe to the site to stay up-to-date with this article. If you'd rather follow us from your Facebook account, join our Facebook fan page or subscribe to our NetworkedBlogs profile.
Please Tweet, Bookmark, or Share This Free Content Using These Services: